Monday, November 2, 2009

Goin South...

by farmpunk


Sandwyrm and I both got asked my BlueMoon to come down to his neck of the woods (Mooresville, IN) Southwest of Indy to take part in an Escalation League.


it's going to start small. REAL small. so We're headed down Tuesday for the first night. Here's the details:

The escalation league will start November 3. We will begin about 5:00 and run until about 9:00. The first week will be team pairings and sign up and I will release the missions for week 2. The buildup will be as follows...

Weeks 2 & 3: 300 Points 1 Troop Unit and 1 additional unit (non-HQ and non-Unique)


Weeks 4 & 5: 450 Points Add up to 1 Troop Unit.


Weeks 6 & 7: 600 Points Add an additional unit of choice


Weeks 8 & 9: 750 Points Normal FOC restrictions


Weeks 10 & 11: 1000 Points Normal FOC


Weeks 12 &13: 1250 Points Normal FOC


Weeks 14 &15 1500 Points Normal FOC


Weeks 16 & 17 1750 Points Normal FOC


This should allow all the players to build up to 1750 in time for the February Tournament.


So we're heading down to join in the fun. I think I'm going to take my DH. It'll be nice to play the GK's. and they're easy. I can also use some inducted IG.
I have also considered doing IG platoon gunlines w/allies. but since we're supposed to be helping people learn to play and learn tactics, GK's might be simpler than getting into the odd world of =I= allies tricks and rules.

so with 300pts of GK's, that's 9GK's and 2psycannons woo! or knock off a few GK's, and I can get an elite Inquisitor with a psycannon also.

it should be fun. plus, I might be encouraged to paint more stuff this way. I'm currently thinking of GK's painted a dull silver and drybrushed with tin color.

1 comment:

  1. I should add that you're allowed no more than 2 total Kill Points at 300, 3 at 450, and 4 at 600. You're also not allowed to bring any Unique characters or units.

    Now oddly, all of the upgrade characters in the IG codex (except for Pask) are listed as unique, while almost none of the Ork upgrade characters are. So Snikrot made an appearance our first week to much consternation. :)

    ReplyDelete

out dang bot!

Recent Favorites

All-Time Favorites