Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fun Thunderwolf List for Ardz Boyz!

by Spaguatyrine


Thunderwolves HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fun thought for Ard Boys. What do you think?

You could actually go with more Thunderwolves if you use 2 more characters and Cyberwolves but that wouldn't be that much fun because you couldn't score and actually have a chance of winning. 

Throw the darts! 

Rune Priest:Jaws, Living Lightning
Longfangs 4 Missile Launchers
Longfangs 4 Missile Launchers
Longfangs 5 Missile Launchers
5 Scouts Melta gun and melta bombs
5 Scouts Melta gun
5 Grey Hunters with Meltagun and Rhino
5 Grey Hunters with Meltagun and Rhino
5 Grey Hunters with Meltagun and Rhino
5 Grey Hunters with Meltagun and Rhino

and now the fun!

Wolf Lord with Runic, Wolfclaw, Storm Shield, Saga of Warrior Born

Wolf Lord with Runic, frost blade, storm shield, Saga of Majesty

4 Thunderwolves: 1 TH/SS, 1 SS, 1 BP & CC, 1 BP & CC & melta bombs
4 Thunderwolves: 1 TH/SS, 1 SS, 1 BP & CC, 1 BP & CC & melta bombs
4 Thunderwolves: 1 TH/SS, 1 SS, 1 BP & CC, 1 BP & CC & melta bombs

Lots of Charging fun, 14 Thunderwolves, 4 scoring units in Rhinos, 2 behind your back as you are running away scouts, 13 missile launchers hitting 6 targets.

16 comments:

  1. For your opponents,'fun' and 'Thunderwolves' are mutually exclusive, and don't belong in the same sentence.

    unless they brought a lot of Demolisher pie plates. like, 9 of 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (facepalm)

    Which store are you playing at again? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. What??? Come on!! It's not that bad! Well, ok maybe it is. Since I only have 12 models I would have to get 2 more anyways. Hmm. Probably Bloomington

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloomington!?!

    No offence to those guys Spag, if you want a challenge play somewhere else, you will wipe everyone in Bloomington with a list like this unless a lot of out of towners try to join in the fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are playing Ard Boyz at NOVA?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray someone brings a list like this to our store. A grey knights list will own this wolf spam in under 4 rounds. And I'll own it the 180 shoota boyz/Ghaz/Grotsnik/snikrot list just as fast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You wish Warboss. Orks don't have answers for Thunderwolves. Grey Knights yes, but not orks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol oh really? Tabled the 'ard boyz semi finals winner from last year with his 2500 GK in a massacre in scenario 1 test play (and he specializes in Thunderwolves when not using GK), and a Black Templar CC army yesterday. Yeah, I have the answer for those dogs. TW are easy when torrent'd with 460 shoota rounds each turn, then charged by Ghaz and 9 meganobz with cybork.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes I think you think you're a legend in your own mind, Spag

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not really, but you claim feats of heroism rarely seen in my neck of the woods. You were the one claiming to own this list in 4 rounds.

    You going to Nova? Maybe we can get in a game.

    I am not saying orks aren't a great army. I am just saying they have problems with Thunderwolves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, no Nova. Thunderwolves are tough, but having played against them constantly (as orks), they are not that terrifying if you torrent fire or deff rolla them for str 10 instant death. I also regularly run tankbustas with tank hammers, which can also kill them instantly. Lootas are also a great answer to TWC.If I get the charge on them with ghaz + meganobz, thats 43 STR 9 & 10 powerklaw attacks. Stormshields will only go so far. In fact, I wager my Plasma Hell chaos list can take this wolf list (28 plasma weapons, several only ouflanking Chosen).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am now your only follower since you always give me so much crap and never agree with anything I say! LOL!! I do respect your comments and challenges tho. :)

    I agree with you on your comments, but others seldom get charges on my Thunderwolves. They are not the only thing in my army. This again was a fun list as it was posted above. A better optimized list would be 9, and it would be more deadly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. >;). I guess I just have a problem with army-of-the-month bandwagon players (not that I consider u one). Half the fun of this game is sticking with an army when 'the internets' says (looking at you, Kirby) 'Orks are not competative', when just a look at their records (like the Apedtacpn Metrics) that shows ork players kick a lot of ass.

    ReplyDelete

out dang bot!

Recent Favorites

All-Time Favorites