Friday, November 18, 2011

The Indianapolis Open GT

by: farmpunk


That's right folks. We're putting together the inaugural Indy Open. I first mentioned it a long time ago. Since then, several of us went to some big GT's (NOVA and Adpeticon). Spaguatyrine took the helm, with help from the community.

now we're on.

 So here's the low-down:

We are happy to announce that The Indy Open (a Warhammer 40K Grand Tournament) will be held in Indianapolis, on March 3rd and 4th!

We will have a 2,000 point 64-man, 6 round win/loss Grand Tournament, with Separate prizes for the best Painted army, Best General, and Renaissance Man (best combined Paint and Generalship). There is a three color minimum for this tournament.

The format will be a Win-loss style (like NOVA Open) with prizes for the top person in each of the W/L brackets (5-1, 4-2, 3-3, 2-4, 1-5) as well as other door prizes. March 3rd we will have 4 games, followed by two games on March 4th.

Registration fees will be as follows:
$40 Pre-registration (Nov. 1st through Jan. 7th)
(all pre-registered entrants will be put in 2 drawings for a free Adepticon ticket)
$50 Early Registration (Jan. 1st through Feb. 24th)
$60 At the Door Registration (if slots are available)

Location will be:
The American Legion located at 601 S. Holt Rd, Indianapolis, In  46241

 Prize Support:
 Best General will win a $250 visa gift card and an entry spot in the 2012 Nova Invitational Tournament. (Player still has to pay for event) 

Renaissance Man will win a $250 visa gift card and an entry spot in the 2012 Nova Invitational Tournament (Player still has to pay for event) 

The Indy Open will give out approximately another $1500 in prize support to: (Based upon a full 64 person tournament) 

Some of the many prize categories will include:
Best painted army
Second best painted army
Best sportsman
Bracket Winners (These will be the top players from each bracket)
Random Door Prizes and drawings

If you need more info, look over at The Indy Open we have registration open now!

Hurry! There are only 64 slots open!

16 comments:

  1. Sign up and register today using your paypal account! We are super excited about this event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why couldn't it be 1850? Then it could have been good Adepticon practice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a good prep for adepticon with just 150 more points. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One question - regarding the "best per bracket", will we be looking at a primary/secondary/tertiary objective style a la NOVA missions? Or will there be some other way to determine the strongest win? It'd have to get fairly nitpicky to pick the best of... what... 4-5 wins per category?

    Normally I'm not interested in tournaments, but this one... this is something that I'd like to support one way or another... and having prizes in each tier is a far better incentive than the normal 'winner take all'.

    Sigh... guess I'll have to work on a new 2k list then, won't I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you will Foodie! I look forward to you being a part. The missions are in process. I have written them but am waiting for the team to approve and make suggestions. There will be Primary, Secondary, and Teritiary Objectives like Nova that change each round. So no matter whether you win or loose, it all counts. The idea is that there is such thing as an ugly win. This ensures that every person is eligible for great prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I as well prefer a little lower than 2k, but that will not stop me from showing up and kicking butt. I am looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had to make me bust out a Waaaagh didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welp I ended the 11th company tournament 5-1 in the top bracket time to give it another try in this tourney. See you guys in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! We look forward to all of you! Don't forget to register!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be there(probably losing left and right), not a horrible trip from cincy/dayton.

    Hopefully Dethron and the other guys will make the trip as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will be good to see you DFM. Havent heard from Dethron quite yet but do have some confirmations of some other internet personalities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Getting more signups each day. Please register to hold your spot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know if it is just me, but I tried on both of my computers, and there is just a blank where the link should be for paypal. I use firefox. I had to find another computer that had internet explorer to get it to work. Didn't know if there was anything you guys could do about that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heh, if I can scrounge up the time off, I'll give your wolves a whupp'n.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Da Warboss,

    I am running the event, but I would love to get a game in with you Friday night or sometime during the event. Please come down, we would love to have you.

    To All,

    I have a confirmation that Adam Tricola FRom Deluxions of Grandeur is our first Internet Celebrity to confirm. I will do a write on him in the next few days. This is one of only 3 players to beat my wolves at the Nova out of 14 games.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol thanks to duke energy I can't register till wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

out dang bot!

Recent Favorites

All-Time Favorites