GW spammed my inbox with an advert for their '145 trailer' this morning. Yeah, um. We all figured out what it was 2 days ago guys.
Here's the video:
Obviously, it's supposed to build anticipation for their upcoming paint revamp.
So I'm supposed to get excited over GW changing the names of all of their colors, discontinuing shades that I'm already using, and adding new ones? With a probable 10-15% reduction in the amount of paint per pot? Huh? How is that a wonderful thing again?
But hey, I could be wrong. Here's some other ideas for what '145' could mean.
- The Percentage Amount Of GW's Upcoming Annual Price Increase.
- The Average Ratio Of Bad 'Finecast' Castings Made To Every Good One.
- The Price Of The Upcoming 6th Edition 40K Rulebook.
- The Average Amount You'll Spend On New Models Upgrading To 6th (No... That's Too Low).
- The Current Number Of Active Tyrannid Players Worldwide.
- The Number Of New Marine Variants Coming Out Over The Next 5 Years.
- What Your 40K Army Will Be Worth On eBay After 6th Hits.
- Tom Kirby's Q1 Bonus For This Year (£145K).
Am I bitter? You betcha.
I can't help but think that a better run company would be doing everything possible right now to sell the 40K community on the virtues (if there are any) of 6th. Giving us something to be genuinely excited about.
Instead we get repackaged paint. Yawn.