Saturday, August 11, 2012

A model in labor

By TheGravemind
I've had a little bit of free time lately, and I've been spending it on the hobby side. Today I've been trying to finish up my Tervigon. As you can see it isn't on it's base. That's because I'm painting the base seperate and trying to put a good amount of detail into it.




I know the lighting isn't very good, so you can't see the dry brush layering I put into the dirt. I crushed up some lava rocks and used an alien objective marker that I use to represent the tervigon pooping out. I have a different egg sack objective to place next to it to remind me.

You can see the slight green spot in the front, that will line up with the hatching gaunts (ps, my nid blood/ichor/hemolymph is green) The egg sacs are under the hind legs. Basically gaunts come out of both ends.

So now all I need to do is my identifying zebra stripes, and a few minor detail touch ups. Hopefully will have her finished by the end of the weekend.
Opinions and critiques?

4 comments:

  1. I like it! I really like the green sacs and matching green from the 'stacks'. I can't wait to see how you do the armor plates, it should be interesting considering it's already fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! I also like the sacs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I also like the sacs"

    i always suspected...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe. . . Spag likes the sacs.

    ReplyDelete

out dang bot!

Recent Favorites

All-Time Favorites