Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Gencon: The Costumes - Part 1

by SandWyrm


So a Guardsman, a Vindicare, and a Techpriest walk into a bar... :)

Seriously though, one of the best things about Gencon is seeing all of the costumes folks show up in. I've got 71 of these pics, so I'm going to break this up into 2 parts. But I didn't even get pics of half the cool costumes I saw. They were everywhere you went in the convention center and the attached mall. Enjoy!




Kermit the Mouse?


At least I know this one. :)



The one on the right is too cool for the Con I guess. ;)





You want to play 28mm WWII now, don't cha? Go on, try the game!





Rule 35?


Somebody remembers Firestar. :)




 

 
Deadpool is dating Harley Quinn? We need a comic of that. :)


Clan Jade Falcon Officer. I used to play Battletech, and even I had to ask.


I don't know who he is, but he looks cool.





Can you have too many Links at a Con?





Stormtroopers in kilts?

 

His pose was staring at the floor. Um... ok.



18 comments:

  1. Do you have pics of Marie-Claude from the Soda Pop Miniatures booth? If you do, WHY DIDN'T YOU LEAD WITH THEM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. All I remember is bustier and milk veins from the soda-pop miniatures booth.

      Delete
    2. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/relic-knights/posts/289963

      Delete
    3. Nope, sorry. Didn't even see her.

      Delete
    4. I have NO EXPLANATION for how I missed that. I must not have gone into the vendor hall that day...

      Delete
    5. You know, I think I saw her dressed up as a different character Friday, but I didn't have my camera.

      Delete
    6. She may have only been around in costume on Thursday.

      I'm generally opposed to booth babes in principal, but for her I make exception.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wait. we got a picture of your dad? or is that your older brother?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. Apparently Santa Claus IS a Santa Claus. Our apologies.
      We got this e-mail from him today:
      Dear SandWyrm,

      While I appreciate your posting my photo from GenCon on your blog, I do not appreciate the vicious, false accusations made about me by one of your commentors. If you are not willing to remove his comments, please remove my photograph.

      I am a professional Santa, and those comments are not appropriate.

      Please take corrective action, or I will need to response to these libelous comments through legal means.

      Thank you.

      --Tom Pellitieri, RBS
      Toledo Santa LLC
      419-699-6309
      http://www.toledosanta.com

      When I got the e-mail, I vaguely recalled the name. AS A SANTA. Our sincere apologies, Mr. Toledo Santa.

      Delete
    4. We're very sorry about that.

      BAD UBERDARK! BAD!

      Delete
  3. These pictures for some reason remind me of a laugh line on Big Bang Theory about a 250 pound sailor moon from Comic Con.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The guy in the black outfit with the motorcycle helmet is a local guy named Kelly. I saw him earlier that day and was surprised to see him in costume. He's supposed to be a bounty hunter from Shadowrun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol the 3rd picture the guy is dressed up as deadmau5 he's basically a electronica / house artist. Other then that awesome costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wit, Why was someone dressed as Tobias Funke?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so the guy in the wheelchair is Tobi (read current/primary antagonist) from Naruto, and the lady pushing him is Tsunade, leader of the ninja village the manga/anime focuses around.

    How do I know all this? Because I cosplayed as a character from the same series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, "Kermit the Mouse" is dressed as deadmau5, a prominent DJ.

    ReplyDelete

out dang bot!

Recent Favorites

All-Time Favorites