Thursday, August 14, 2014

Gencon: Privateer Press

by SandWyrm


Third up is Privateer Press. While they didn't have as large a vendor presence as FFG or Battlefront, the quality of their presentation was up to their usual high standard. They even had a new video game to show off. In the gaming halls they also had a good number of miniature and board game events. Not nearly as large as FFG, but larger than anyone else (not counting Magic, of course).




Ok, that guy is freaking me out a little...


4 comments:

  1. I have to say, Warmachine Tactics is actually a clever idea. I'll most likely pick it up, as I love strategy games, but I've never once had an interest in WMH miniatures so never even considered playing it. If they are lucky I'll get over my aversion to their designs (probably a 1% chance) and they'll get a new hobbyist, but even if they aren't they've monetized someone who otherwise had no interest in their product. Well done PP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look good. I almost bought it when it hit Steam early access a few months ago. Then I saw they priced it at $60. Triple A prices for a Beta? No thank you. I'll wait for a Steam sale.

      Delete
    2. Haha yeah, I never pay for beta access, how that phenomenon took off is beyond me.

      Delete
    3. Sometimes it's worth it. I've gotten lots of fun out of Kerbal Space Program early access. But it only cost me 20 bucks.

      Delete

out dang bot!

Recent Favorites

All-Time Favorites