|How do I feel about the Nova?????|
As I prepare for the Nova Open in August, I am trying to get in 2000 point practice games with my 2 armies that have the best ability to perform at a high level.....
Army 1: Space Wolves-Overall my best army to date. Due to the codex playing itself as some players, (whiners), tend to say. I have had great and uncanny success over the past year with them.
Army 2: Grey Knights-Good start with the revamped Daemonhunters army I played in the past. The codex is newer and has a lot of tricks.
I will put down some pro's and con's and ask your opinion and thoughts on which army to take. Local players know my play style and are encouraged to make suggestions and comments. I want to represent the Indianapolis area well in this GT. We have some great competitive players here and I have sensed from different blogs that we don't always get the respect from other parts of the country. That being said all comments are welcomed.
- More solid in tactics and knowing the codex in and out. More practice and experience.
- Thunderwolves. I love them!
- Great psychic defense and powers. Jaws, Living Lightning, Hurricane, etc. Chooser of the slain!!!
- Grey Hunters as troops.
- Longfangs and ability to split fire.
- Wolf Scouts-Behind enemy lines.
- All painted and looking awesome. Even my board and bases.
- People are beginning to tailor lists to match up well with Wolves.
- Everyone is playing them.
- Weak against 2 builds. Fatecrusher and Eldar all Skimmer Lists. (The way I play them).
- New Codex. Less players have experience with them. Balancing my experience vs. inexperience.
- Everything has a power weapon. Eliminates MEQ armies fairly easily.
- Psychic powers off the chart stupid!! Eliminates MEQ armies fairly easily.
- Terminators as troops. Eliminates MEQ armies fairly easily.
- Close combat monsters. (The way I play them)
- Great shooting potential with storm bolters, psyflemen dreads, psycannons, etc.
- Great new display board and a ton of stuff to use.
- The way I play them they are elite and have a small model count. Expensive units.
- Very dependent on psychic powers. (Stupid Eldar Runes of warding) (A lot of hoods will be there)
- I still don't have a list I like at 2000 totally, but close.
- Have issues against eldar runes of warding and certain guard builds. (Needs 1st turn)
I could really go either way right now but am leaning towards my Space Wolves. I have mocked played my armies against each other and it has been super bloody. Whoever gets first turn seems to wipe each other out. I am torn and need the back40k group to jump in!
What do you think?