Now I know why Vendettas and Valks aren't a more common sight on the battlefield. Not only are they about 3x more complicated than a Chimera to put together, but they're a real bear to paint as well.
I tried to save some time by using an enamel spray as my base color coat. Instead of my usual method where I undercoat with enamel and apply color with airbrushed acrylics. Big mistake. It led to all sorts of problems with the Minwax wash not wanting to stick and the decals not wanting to apply properly. I won't do that again!
Still, for all the extra work, these turned out very nice. I went with the green instead of my usual desert camo scheme because, in the fluff, they're affiliated with the Imperial Navy and not the Guard units they support. So I mimicked a U.S. Air Force look with plenty of accumulated desert dirt on the undercarriages. It also fits my general theme, which can best be described as a Tallarn (Arab) armored division that has support from other, more advanced Imperial (U.S.) troops and advisors. When I put Stormtroopers in the Vendettas, it looks perfect. :)
Anyway, enjoy the pics. The lascannons BTW, are from the Forge World conversion kit.
Yeah, I got a rear door backwards. Oh well.