So it appears that the Faqs got updated yesterday or so. I haven't had time to go through all of them, but I figured I'd share the news for others to read. I did go through the Tyranids and Blood angels as those are the armies that I play. Lets see what changed....
- Hurrah!!! The deepstriking from Reserves is finally resolved. It is exactly how I have been playing it. When a unit with the combat squad ability arrives from reserves, it can be split into two squads and placed separately.
- It seems Infiltrate has the same treatment, but here is the kicker, two halves only seem to count as one squad for deployment. A big deal in Dawn of war!
- Vanguard cannot assault after deepstriking out of the back of a storm raven.
- Blood lance does not need to roll to hit. Yes!
- Honour guard squad's priest cannot be upgraded.
- Some restating of Synapse and other rules
- Tyrants must join Tyrant guards during deployment. But now they only count as 1 KP if they do.
- ICs cannot be part of a lictor brood while they are in reserves and lictors must be placed in coherency.
- Every unit must take dangerous terrain test when assaulting Venomthropes. Now a units Initiative does not get dropped to 1 for assault into a spore cloud. "as the Spore Cloud is not a piece of terrain" [This goes against the core rule book which states that any unit that has to take a difficult or dangerous terrain test has its initiative dropped]
- Units cannot take covers saves unless they are from terrain they are in or touching against impaler cannons. Does this mean that powers and abilities that give cover saves in a radius do not apply? (shield of sanguinous, Kustom force fields etc?) nor does turbo boosting or Tau disruption pods?
- The enemy only has to be more than 1" away from spore mines when deploying.
- ICs attached to a gaunt squad gains the benefits of the squad (so Primes now get furious charge, poison, and counter attack for free) but also suffer with the squad if the tervigon dies.
- In addition, the unit must be in range for when the ability is used. Must be in range when making attacks or being charged.
- Grey knights with halberts (so almost all of them) against a Lash whip will strike at Init 3. So lash whips still suck to a degree.
- And Acid blood can cause a glance against walkers. So it still is useless.
Basically DoA lists got slightly better, and nothing ground breaking changed for Tyranids. One last little tid-bit, It seems the only two books that didn't get FAQs were Tau and Black Templars. :D