I had purchased 3 sets of the turrets from chapterhouse to use on my razorbacks for the Indy GT. I decided to buy the Storm Raven turret set because it had the weapon options I needed, but was a few bucks cheaper.
I've looked at some of their stuff before, but this is the first major purchase I've made from them. Within a week of placing the order, I had received the package, so kudos on shipping. Everything was there and was well padded so nothing bad yet. As I inspected the pieces though, I was a little leery. It seems a couple of the injection sites are either on or very close to crucial pieces like pegs or holes.
I started clipping pieces off, and cleaning them. Files some down and cutting at others. When I went to assembly, is where I came upon the worst of my problems. They were missing an important part of the standard razorback turret, the little section where either gun attaches to each other on the turret. So instead each gun was loose and separate, and made it very hard to glue them together. This was further compounded by the cover not fitting into the slots properly. After a lot of struggling, I figured out why. It seems the guns weren't even/aligned on the base and so had trouble fitting into the cover.
On the second one I figured I'd glue them to the cover piece first, and hopefully that will make it easier. It did not. After a good amount of gluing and cursing I had two turrets finished. Setting them up to look at them it seems I have lazy turret syndrome. I realize it wasn't just me, the pegs that hold the guns are not aligned correctly, which doesn't allow the cover to be put on properly, thus warping the entire structure. So I have two that are tilting to the side, and one of them that is pointing down into my tank.
The third one I completely cut off the pegs, and just glued everything together and gave up on the actual means with having it move. This one is nice and flat and even. This is not counting the magnetic holes, of which about half of them I needed to drill out do to flash and injection sites. A couple of them were not deep enough to hold the magnets. They were also just a little off so I had to put some green stuff in/around to help hold them in place.
After everything dried I put the weapons on the mounts. Due to the unevenness of the mount, and the rebuilding of some of the pegs, I had guns that were firing into every direction. Small amounts of Liquid green stuff helped build up even layers that I used to prop the weapons in the correct direction.
|You can't really tell how bad they are from a distance. Just like the rest of my army :/ haha|
Over all they look fine now, but I had to almost rebuild each part at some point, and it took almost as much effort as scratch building them. For around $15 a piece I expected much better.
The other items I got were great, and I know many people who have ordered other items from them. For these turrets I'd give them 4/10. I'll probably order from chapter house again, but never these turrets.
|The holes still need cleaning.|