|Is it me?|
|Is it me?|
|"I do!" Shouts Logan Grimnar|
- He is expensive! At 270 points in terminator armor and 245 in Runic Armor which is hard to swallow but he does have a 4+ invol save in the Runic Terminator Armor and a 2+ regular save in Plain Runic Armor that gives a 5+ invol save against all wounds caused by a psychic power. Nice!
- In his runic armor he doesn't have an invol except against psychic powers but has the ability to run around in Rhino's and do lot's of damage. Hmm.... I am really liking this option more!!!
- Staff of the Stormcaller. His ability to cancel any enemy psychic power with his runic weapon ...not on a 4+ like other rune priests, but ...wait for it...... a freaking 3+!!!! OMG! This is amazing. Eldrad eat your heart out! Who has any better psychic protection? Oh yeah! and hitting daemons on a 3+ and wounding on a 2+ is always awesome!
- Master Psyker. He uses 2 psychic powers per turn. So I can use Storm Caller, or Tempest Wrath each turn.... A 5+ cover save emitting from my Rhino or Landraider everyturn, or anti flying 24" bubble. Can be very useful.
- He knows every psychic power. I love this as I feel there are 3 top powers that can be beneficial to use at different times. Murderous Hurrincane, Living Lightning, and Jaws of the World Wolf. All of these require line of sight and therefore my issue with the Terminator Armor model unless I want to footslog him, and well, Not interested in that at this time.
- Saga of Majesty. This allows any units within 6" to re-roll failed morale tests. Can be very useful.
- Nightwing. This is pretty cool. Nightwing counts as a chooser of the slain. What does that do? I can deploy this model anywhere on the board before deployment and my opponent cannot infiltrate within 18" of the chooser. This would also stop the stupid Alpha scout move strike since the scouting unit must stay more than 12" from the enemy. In addition, Nightwing flies into close combat to assist Njal and does D3 Str 3 hits at Initiative 5. Pretty nice little pet I would say!!
- 5 attacks on the charge or counter charge! :) He also has a wolftooth necklace so always hits on a 3+
- And the best of all!! LORD OF TEMPESTS!! Ok, so this happens every turn and cannot be blocked or stopped by anyone unless Njal is dead of course. I roll at the beginning of each turn a D3 and add the Turn to the die for Njal and get these special abilities or effects. On a 2 nothing happens. On a 3 enemy models within 24" get -1 ballistic skill. On a 4 enemy infantry within 24" move as if in difficult terrain. On a 5 at the end of the assault phase all unengaged units within 18" must pass a morale test of fall back. On a 6 at the end of the shooting phase a model takes D3 Str 9 hits; vehicles get hit on side armor. On a 7+ at the end of the shooting phase unengaged models within 12" take D6 Str 8 AP5 hits. Really? Really? This is amazing. Can you imagine guard or orks on turn 1 and 2 having 1 less ballistic skill until I get close to them and make them run off the table with a morale test or hitting them with the 7+ which I have named chain lightning? This used correctly has some nice strategic potential.
What are your thoughts?