Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Do Like 40k, I Swear!

By Outremer


Sorry, couldn't find any cheerleaders. . . but I do love 40k!  I've spent the last couple days slaving over the following to prove it!

Pre-Heresy Death Guard Terminators!


Making Frankenstein boots.


Mmmmmmm. . . sexy shaved chests!


My first time using the pewter hoses I got from Dragonforge Design. . . I'll never touch guitar string again!




My first time magnetizing arms.  Kind of a pain, but worth it considering the fact I'm basically getting several squads in one with the swappable arms.  Thunder hammers and storm shields are next for when I use these guys with the Tempus fugitives codex.  Planning to use them as regular chaos Termies for a tournament this weekend. . .



With their secondhand ride. . .



With Dragonforge bases.


Primed and ready for paint!

Edit:  here's a link for Dragonforge Design. . .

http://www.dragonforge.com/

12 comments:

  1. Man Jeff Wilhelm has always had some sexy bases. Nice guy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, I'm super impressed with everything I've gotten from him so far.
      The bases are phenomenal, and those hoses are the coolest thing since sliced bread. I highly recommend folks check him out if you haven't already!

      Delete
  2. I like the "Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!" guy coming out of the LR hatch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great! How did you do the studs on the legs? I'm getting ready to build Angron's Terminator Honor Guard "The Devourers" and I'm planning on something similar to what you're doing. Good stuff man!

    ...Any chance you're thinking about making the trip across the pond next May for the AotE event in 2012? Dave and I are already in the planning stages.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. The studs are micro beads glued into shallow holes.

      It's a tedious job and you have to be careful not to drill too deep or the bead will sink too far below the surface of the armor.

      I'm not showing you the pictures of all the ones I messed up!

      I was actually commenting to my wife a few weeks ago that it would be really cool to actually make it to a TF's weekend. . . If only I could come up with the money somehow. Let's see what the next year brings. . . might be a good goal to shoot for!

      Delete
    2. Nice - Tichy Train Group (http://www.tichytraingroup.com/) does a lot of scale model rivets in various sizes that are really easy to use too. May be worth a look!

      The trip over to England we took this year admittedly took a year's worth of planning and saving beforehand. I set aside 50-60 bucks from each paycheck and sold off some old models here and there, which added up to pay for the trip. It was definitely a blast, and I'm really looking forward to next year's event!

      Delete
  5. I see Optimus Prime is your chauffeur.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah, showing up my terminators. so jealous.

    ReplyDelete

out dang bot!

Recent Favorites

All-Time Favorites