Here's the newest rumors from over at Blood of Kittens concerning the new Grey Knights codex. Along with my own commentary in red.
Here is some clarification of the big rumors that have been floated around the Internet concerning the GK codex.Ok, we expected this. Huzzah!
1. GK codex WILL NOT have inducted units. Allies are effectively gone!
2. If it has boobies it will not be in the GK codex if has man parts it will be in this dex. That means Penitent Engines, Argo flagellants, Priests are in.
What? This seems to be pretty random if the only non-GK troops, as the recent BoLS rumors would have you believe, are only in the retinues of the Inquisitors. These units would then stick out like sore thumbs. I mean, is a unit of Grey Knights really going to get all that jazzed by the ravings of a mere preacher? Pinch of Salt time.
3. GK and GKT have plastic kits and will be troop choices.Reasonable.
4. Release Date is March-May window.I'm starting to think they are still working on the 'Dex. Should we regard these rumors as actual rumors or trial balloons?
5. The Stormraven is in (duh) and along with Penitent Engines are currently the only two Fast Attacks slots in the dex.I find this highly dubious. GW has been adding more variety in the 5th Edition codices, not less. If true this would be Necron-bad in terms of build variety.
6. Look for HQs changing the FoC aroundThat's hardly new, or even a bad guess if you really have no information at all. Only the IG Codex hasn't had this.
7. GW will not take away your toys meaning if you bought 50 Imperial Storm Troopers they will have a place in the GK codexOk, so where? Unless the Inquisitors are going to run around in ridiculous blobs of 50 henchmen, this means that we'll get Stormtroopers as Elites/Troops just as the rumors a month ago said we would.
8. Assassins are in as an Elite slot and any type of GK army can take them.Ok.
Let us start with the mundane stuffI call BS. The Super-Elites of the Imperium aren't Fearless, but BA Sanguinary Guard are?
GKs are Space Marines they do not have Fearless or Stubborn they have Combat Tactics and They Shall Know No Fear
GKs only vehicles options are Land Raiders, Razorbacks, Rhinos, Chimera and Stormraven.So exactly what we have now, plus Razorbacks and the Stormraven. That's hardly limiting.
All GK vehicles are immune to Shaken and Stunned.Interesting.
Stormraven is not a dedicated Transport.I never thought that it would be.
GKs do not get Bikes, Jump Packs, or ChaplainsThey'd better be teleportn' then!
All GKs are psyker and their powers act very much in the same way as Psyker Battle Squad.That seems... ridiculously overpowered.
GKs will not have access to most Vanilla Marine Gear especially Heavy Weapons and Special Weapons (No Melta Spamming)That seems... ridiculously underpowered. Better hope they get Stormtroopers after all.
Let us get down to some specificsSounds about right.
Brother-Captain Stern has Eternal Warrior and his attacks can remove models from play.
"And you shall have my Smurfette doll! And you shall get my lucky bottlecap!"
The Grand Master gives out special abilities to GK units (Not USRs) We are talking weapon upgrades and minor wargear bonuses.
All GKs cause Deep Striking units to mishap if placed within 6 inches of any Grey Knight unit.Bye-bye Daemons. Thanks for playing!
Come to think of it, my Sanguinary Guard won't be happy either, as they won't be getting infernus pistol shots off with a rule like that.
All GKs Nemesis Force Weapons are Force Weapons and no longer Str 6.Awe. Better hope they don't get stuck in with a Trygon.
Unlike the Archon’s court from the Dark Eldar Codex Henchman + Witchhunter rejects are Elite slots. These Squads can be mixed and have many options. For instance the Warrior can get Storm Shields and power weapon. Henchman act more like Beast Master Squads than the Archon’s Court.Someone will have to tell me how Beast Master squads work.
Henchman include everything Daemonhosts, Death-Cult Assassins, Argo flagellants, Priests, Stormtroopers, WarriorsWe'd better be talking platoons or a Last-Chancer-like ability to split up henchmen any way you want into smaller squads.
Holocaust is now 12 inch large blast12" blast, or 12" range on a large blast? It could make quite a difference!
Mystic is now only a teleport homerSounds weak.
All GK vehicles are immune to Shaken and Stunned (Sacred Hull). Stormraven is not a dedicated Transport.You said that already!
All GK vehicles are psykers with LD 10Sounds like those vehicles need a purgin'. Didn't we learn anything from the Dark Age of Technology?
Blessed is now a vehicle psychic power that picks one facing and raises the AV by 2 to a max of 14Eff-you Imperial Guard! Eff-you all to Horus!
GKs have access to GK Command Squads giving them access to Apothecaries (FNP)We all expected something like that.
Vindicare has unlimited ammo for all special shots.'Bout Damn time!
All in all, half of these rumors just seem to me to be made up. While others look like good educated guesses. I'd advise taking them all with a healthy dose of sodium chloride.
Tasty is supposed to post more rumors for his members later. I'll save you the trouble of registering and post them here once I get them. :)