Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What Tank Is This?

by SandWyrm


I'm Baaaaaaaak to the TB40K!

I just spent a week out in the middle of Kansas farm country with Mrs. SandWyrm's relatives. She saw beautiful rolling farms and horses/cows. I saw ideal tank country. :)

Anyhow, this baby was on display next to a park in Atwood. Anybody know what it is? She looks a bit like a Patton, but there are obvious differences like the driver's view slits, the shape of the turret, and positioning of the exhausts. As well as the look of the rear.

Any ideas?



10 comments:

  1. I think it is a Space Marine Predator variant. Almost 99% positive. Looks like an autocannon turret. It is likely Blood Angels, which which would account for the positioning of the exhausts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M41_Walker_Bulldog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give CaulynDarr the cookie for this one.

    The end of the barrel is very distinct. You're right, it's close to a patton, but a little over half the weight.

    I think it's ironic that it was designed to replace the Chaffe, but the NVA reverted back to the chaffe after using the Bulldog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first thought was a M24Chaffee, but the gun and parts of the turret don't fit. So CaulynDarr should be spot on with the M41.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a tank sitting across the street from my house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love Kansas. Their fire department was selling fireworks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CaulynDarr already got the cookie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. People complain about soccer moms taking their oversize SUVs to get their nails done. And then there are tanks. :)

    ReplyDelete

out dang bot!

Recent Favorites

All-Time Favorites