Monday, July 2, 2012

Nova went and did what?????????????????

By Spaguatyrine



WENT ALL 6th Edition!!!!!

From my newsletter itself:



  • All 40k events will be 6th edition including the GT, Invitational, Trios, and Narrative




  • This is going to be the Wild, Wild, East, folks - the 5th edition metagame is busted and it's anybody's wargame to figure out the best new rules, combinations, and army lists.






  • So of course we were expecting 5th for the invitational and I am a little shocked at the change. I am not complaining and understand the why?  But I am now less than two months away and will have to adjust my invitational list quite a bit. I already had it ready to go with 5th, but will have to playtest like mad and try and get something I am 100% comfortable with.  :( 

    The only thing I am realy worried about at this time is what I played against I have called "The flying Circus".  This is fateweaver and 2 or 3 daemon princes and/or a bloodthirster with breath of chaos, bolt etc.  If GW doesn't do something about giving normal armies a chance to do something about them then they believe it or not will be tough!  With my massive shooting space wolf army I could barely scratch them.  I did manage a tie, but their current abilities which allow them to stay vector striking, and using breath of chaos times 3 or 4, along with fateweavers bolt, warp fire, or boon, it a tough cookie at this moment.  I know it is less than a week, but trust me it sucks.  I believe with my grey knights I would have a better oppotunity to ground models because of weight of fire.  My space wolves have never had weight of fire.

    So as we look to Nova 2012 and MVB running the first all 6th edition grand tournament I will put my nose to the grindstone, my thinking cap on, stick my finger in the ........light socket, and try to come up with a winning combination.


    And then I have to worry about the GT where I will probably bring some allies.  I have the perfect combination.... Hahahahahahah!!!!!

    16 comments:

    1. Can you just drive up, jump out some grey hunters and then rapid fire them to bring it down to eat missile launchers?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Sure I can, but if I move 6", jump out 6" and rapid fire, I seldom carry more than 6 grey hunters in each rhino then I might get 2 6's with this. He then has to roll a 1 or 2 to fall down. If I don't down and kill them when they hit, then breath of chaos and a whole unit is dead along with the vehicle taking a hull point at the same time.

        I do believe weight of fire will help with these guys and my Wolves just don't have it. I might have to go aways from 6 smaller GH packs to 5 larger ones with more dakka.

        Heavy bolters I feel will make a comeback also.

        Delete
    2. Are they allowing allies at the event?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. For the GT......Yes!!! And I am probably going to put my two armies together. I will wait on see if my longfangs can get flak missiles. I believe we will see a ton of flyers for NOVA.

        Delete
    3. FMC's are in some ways easier to down than Vehicle flyers... why are people not freaking out about flights of valkeries and vendettas?

      ReplyDelete
    4. I am not worried about vendetta's as much because they can only shoot a few models. Breath of Chaos and boon or warpfire, kill marines and glance vehicles at the same time!

      ReplyDelete
    5. You should borrow a Flying Circus.

      or play some GK's with dual Ravens. maybe some hydras allied in

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ravens are death traps now. Anything inside dies the turn they come in if it crashes. And then you can only assault on turn 3 at the earliest anyways. Might as well take a crusader with psybolt ammo now for 5 extra points. Strength 5 hurricane bolters and a psycannon on top with multi-melta for 270. :)

        Delete
      2. but a Raven is a flyer, and should be able to take out flying creatures.

        I wouldn't transport in them anymore. They do fill the intercept flyers / kill psykers role though. albeit expensively

        Delete
      3. I've noticed a recurring theme in that your posts about "X new overpowered army" tend to always end with "...but I managed a tie."

        Averaging ~280 points per for 5 MCs that each have the capability to maybe kill 3 Marines each turn is not going to be stomping on any throats any time soon.

        A Daemon Prince can't even successfully fight a Tactical Squad anymore due to the full-on stupidity of allowing Krak Grenades to be used at S6 against MCs in combat, so I'm not sure where the worry is.

        Delete
      4. Maybe its just the way Jim rolls saves, but it was tough. I didn't say it was broken, just tough.

        Delete
    6. Unless I am just plain silly, it looks like my space wolves can now have a storm raven!! I wonder which variant I will get??????

      In appendix 2 all the space marine vehicles are listed under codex space marine. To include the storm raven that isn't in the grey knight and blood angel section......



      hmm......

      ReplyDelete
    7. All I have to say is: Swarmlord + Iron Arm + Endurance or Warp Speed = LOL awesome. Just knock them fliers down with Hive Guard and chew em' up. Nom, Nom, Nom :-)

      Well, that's my plan, anyway.

      ReplyDelete

    out dang bot!

    Recent Favorites

    All-Time Favorites