Thursday, July 5, 2012

Something Exciting For My Birthday!

by SandWyrm


WARNING: THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT 40K. READING IT MAY EVEN CAUSE YOU TO QUESTION GW'S PROFESSIONALISM IN DEALING WITH IT'S CUSTOMERS AND RETAIL PARTNERS! PROCEED WITH CAUTION LEST YOUR 6TH EDITION BUZZ BE KILLED!

I recently found something very cool to dream about! Battlefront has released a PDF preview of the second book it it's Battle of the Bulge series! It was originally sent to retailers, but you should be able to find it with a simple Google search.


This Preview Contains:
  1. The names and number of army lists for both the Germans (2), and the Americans (5).
  2. Force Org diagrams for all but one of those lists.
  3. Pictures and intro-text for the new units (all 32 of them).
  4. The Model SKUs, Prices, and Release Dates for the new models!
Ah, but it's Late-War, and I only play Mid-... HOLY CRAP!


I get to play with Skorzany's infiltrating commandos?! Plus Stugs disguised to look like Priests and Panthers disguised to look like American Tank Destroyers? Rolling into American lines and causing utter chaos at every checkpoint during the first days of the attack? Thats cool!

I... I... WANTS IT! It's my... BIRTHDAY PRESENT!

Oh, and Farmpunk is drooling over the new American stuff.


Especially the Shermans with Calliope rockets and...


The new Chafee light-tank company. Ohhh! I want them too!

The book is being released in the middle of July, and the coolest models in August/September. So I have plenty of time to get excited and save up for a new army or two. Which is made easier by knowing the prices right now and the release of the book ahead of the best models. Should be about $150-$250 for each of the new armies, depending on the exact options we take.

8 comments:

  1. Neato. If you are doing a new army, you should take pictures along the way. Sort of a start to finish thing. As it is convenient, of course.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, late war is SO much more fun than mid war...
    Look at the TOYS, man! Look at 'em!

    There are no Jagdpanthers in mid war.

    -_-

    Sheesh- how can you NOT want 76mm's on yer Shermans?
    (I hate those, btw...)
    Dude, haven't you heard- Jumbo's lead the way!
    (I hate those, too...)

    I'm kinda disappointed that Devil's Charge has only a couple of new lists for the Germans, but, hey...Fearless Trained King Tigers!
    :D
    (go ahead, shoot me...I'm Front Armor 15!!!)
    Lolz incoming....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *drums fingers on your head*

      Ahem. You know what this is about.

      Delete
    2. It's about 3 bottles of Tequila, a 12-pack of ping-pong balls, and a German Shepherd isn't it?

      Delete
    3. With lead ins like that, I'm DEFINITELY hittin' this site up more often.

      Delete
  3. So my russians play as germans, while your germans dress up as Farm's Allies. So who does he get to dress up as?

    ReplyDelete

out dang bot!

Recent Favorites

All-Time Favorites